Bug when using ido with uniquify-buffer-name-style

From: Matthieu Lemerre
Subject: Bug when using ido with uniquify-buffer-name-style
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 23:49:30 +0200

Hello,

Killing an "uniquified" buffer while in ido makes the name of some
other buffer change, which confuses ido.

Note: It does not appear when using the default value for
uniquify-buffer-name-style.

To reproduce:

emacs -Q (I used th debian packages emacs-snapshot 20070915 (emacs
23.0.50.1) from http://emacs.orebokech.com, but I think the bug is
also present in emacs 22).

M-: (require 'uniquify)
M-x customize-variable uniquify-buffer-name-style RET

Set to post-forward for the current session

C-x C-f ~/src/toto ;; the important here is to have two files with the same name
C-x C-f ~/tmp/toto ;; that are uniquified.

M-x ido-mode

C-x b *scratch*

C-x b toto C-k RET  ;; Kill one of the buffer and select the other one.

The problem is that the list of buffer names is not actualised after
the kill, although some buffers of the list change of name (the buffer
"toto|tmp" becomes just "toto", because there is no need to uniquify
it anymore).

I think fixing this would require to rebuild `ido-cur-list' at the end
of `ido-kill-buffer-at-head', but I didn't take enough time to find
how to do it properly.

I don't think the same type of problems could be reproduced on list of
files, so `ido-delete-file-at-head' does not need to be changed.