Re: New start up splash screen annoyance...

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: New start up splash screen annoyance...
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 12:34:56 -0400

    Perhaps you can suggest how we can persuade you. Sheer numbers and
    overwhelming counter-examples do not seem to be enough:

What a condescending and insulting thing to say!  If I don't agree
with you, you have no right to make me agree.  If you try, you will
only make me angry at you.

One thing you might be able to do -- if you want to -- is propose
another solution that I find good enough.  That would mean working
with me instead of trying to pressure me.  It would mean accepting the
goal I'm trying to achieve, instead of trying make me drop it.

You can't do both--you have to choose one path or the other.  But the
path of "how can I persuade you" will not get you anywhere.

I will continue to consider new proposals, when they represent serious
attempts to work with me to find a solution, and are stated without
derision, bullying, pressure, quibbling, etc.