Re: fullcreen = fullboth yields undesirable behavior

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: fullcreen = fullboth yields undesirable behavior
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 08:42:03 -0600

>> Or, at the very least, a missing Emacs feature.  I did manage to think
>> of a reason that the current behavior might be desirable: if I was
>> using a presentation tool in Emacs (EPT), I might want this behavior.
>> However, that is a specialized use; more frequently I would want plain
>> Gtk-style "maximize".

Jan> As I recall, this was the initial motivation for fullscreen in
Jan> the first place.

Yeah.  FWIW at the present moment I have a use for both approaches.

For a presentation I'm writing, I want "really use the whole screen,
covering the panel".

But for debugging with gdba, I want my wrapper to be able to create a
maximized "debug" frame that does not obscure the panel.

Thanks for looking at this.

Tom