Re: desktop.el: autosave?

From: Reuben Thomas
Subject: Re: desktop.el: autosave?
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 14:58:42 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 4 Dec 2007, Juri Linkov wrote:

I'm not sure an idle timer is good for this feature.  I want to auto-save
the desktop at quite long time intervals (an hour or so), but usually
Emacs is not idle for this time.  So it seems we need a non-idle timer.

Why do you want to save at such long intervals? Is there a performance problem with just using the idle timer? I can't say I've noticed the impact on my fairly modest system (1GHz laptop) by simply autosave-hook. Or is there some positive reason for wanting to save at much longer intervals?

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org/ | maxim, n.  wisdom for fools