Re: desktop.el: autosave?

From: Reuben Thomas
Subject: Re: desktop.el: autosave?
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 15:47:38 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 6 Dec 2007, address@hidden wrote:

On Thu, Dec 06, 2007 at 02:58:42PM +0000, Reuben Thomas wrote:
On Tue, 4 Dec 2007, Juri Linkov wrote:

I'm not sure an idle timer is good for this feature.  I want to auto-save
the desktop at quite long time intervals [...]

Why do you want to save at such long intervals? Is there a performance
problem with just using the idle timer? [...]

Disk spin-up on laaptops comes to mind. The longer the intervals the
longer bettery (and disk!) life.

That argument applies to any auto-save, not just desktop. I'm trying to work out why one would want one interval for auto-save and another for desktop save.