Re: desktop.el: autosave?

From: Reuben Thomas
Subject: Re: desktop.el: autosave?
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 01:10:02 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007, Juri Linkov wrote:

Mine is ~700 kilobytes long with ~400 buffers and unlimited history lists.

Heh. Fair enough. I should take more limits off myself.

So far I had no problems with such a large desktop: I rarely restart Emacs;
desktop reading is quite fast (a few seconds); desktop saving takes 0.2 sec.

i.e. faster than me! (I am using a laptop with a slow disk, plus a fairly slow CPU, so it's not a surprise.)

In any case, there should be an option to easily switch it off.

Of course. If there were a customize option, desktop-auto-save or similar, that were on by default, then it could easily be switched off too.

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org/
memoir, n.  a lie that flatters the author's ego and the reader's intellect