Re: What a modern collaboration toolkit looks like

From: Giorgos Keramidas
Subject: Re: What a modern collaboration toolkit looks like
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 05:18:32 +0200

On 2008-01-02 21:56, "Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden> wrote:
>Giorgos Keramidas <address@hidden>:
>> Yes, there is a substantial difference between committing in a
>> distributed SCM like Git, and Mercurial (the latter is the one I
>> am most familiar with).
>
> Note to RMS: Giorgios's explanation is better than mine.  I'm
> just learning these systems, but he is clearly very experienced
> and fluent with them.
>
> Giorgios, can I interest you in being a reviewer for my survey
> paper?  You sound like you may one of the people I need looking over
> my shoulder as I try to design test and benchmarking suites for
> DVCSes.

Sure.

I'm not very experienced with *all* the dSCM systems, but I will gladly
help with what I know about Mercurial, Git, and Bazaar (these are the
ones I am acquainted with, in decreasing order of experience).

I've already cloned http://thyrsus.com/hg/uvc/ because I wanted to read
the article anyway.  Please feel free to email me with any guidelines
about the review and/or other useful things.

Regards,
Giorgos