How do I set the "default" face for other frames

From: grischka
Subject: How do I set the "default" face for other frames
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 21:58:48 +0100

Hi,

How do I set the "default" face for other frames?

For instance when I start emacs with no .emacs present,
then customize the "default" face, say change :height from
114 to 80, and then start a new frame with C-x 5 2, the
new frame still shows me the old font-height.

Moreover if I change colors too, say (:background "black"
:foreground "white") then emacs completely refuses to
open other frames at all and instead throws a message
"max-specpdl-size exceeded".

So, how is this supposed to work?

Thanks.