Re: Status of the bug tracker testbed

From: Manoj Srivastava
Subject: Re: Status of the bug tracker testbed
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 12:10:06 -0500

On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 18:43:52 +0200, Reiner Steib
<address@hidden> said:

> Submitting a bug for package "gnus" in this way creates another
> message to <address@hidden> (which is listed as the maintainer of
> Gnus):

> This isn't useful for entering bugs into the tracker because the
> original bug is already on this list (or on some other mailing list).
> Is there a way to suppress it?

        Not the way things are currently setup, as far as I know. The
 report is always sent to the maintainer, I think.

        A work around might be possible: set the maintainer address to a
 new mailingt list that people interested in getting all the mails
 subscribe to.  There is a mechanism that all mail to a package's bugs
 are also sent to another mailinglist; use that to send mail to address@hidden

        Now, sending mail to address@hidden will not send the mail
 to the any additional recipients, it sends it just to the maintainer.

        In Debian, the bug tracking system is used as the primary store
 of information about an issue, including all discussion; the mailing
 lists are a convenient, but ephemeral, means of delivering information
 from the BTS to my mailbox, and are discarded soon after.

        Having said that, Don know this better than I do, and he might
 be aware of a better solution.

        manoj
--
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. Theophrastus
Manoj Srivastava <address@hidden> <http://www.golden-gryphon.com/>