Re: font-lock-extend-region-multiline: Args out of range: 0, 0

From: Johan Bockgård
Subject: Re: font-lock-extend-region-multiline: Args out of range: 0, 0
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 00:12:39 +0200

Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden> writes:

> I can't see any reason why it would ever be useful for
> font-lock-after-change-extend-region-function not to be buffer local.

I agree, but

    There are several variables that control how Font Lock mode
    highlights text.  But major modes should not set any of these
    variables directly.  Instead, they should set `font-lock-defaults'
    as a buffer-local variable.  The value assigned to this variable is
    used, if and when Font Lock mode is enabled, to set all the other
    variables.

This will DTRT.

--
Johan Bockgård