Re: Cruise Control to mitigate failure in make bootstrap?

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Cruise Control to mitigate failure in make bootstrap?
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 15:02:57 +0100

Alan Mackenzie wrote:
I have used this product in one of my day jobs, and it works well.

I suspect it works well in a day job environment, when you are working for the same 8 hours a day as the other developers on the project. I suspect it works less well for Free Software where volunteers might have a haf hour to spare so they fix a bug, don't have time to do a full bootstrap before checking in, then might not see any mail generated because they are offline for the weekend.