RE: testing for a remote file to include file on a Windows mapped drive

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: testing for a remote file to include file on a Windows mapped drive
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 13:24:52 -0700

> > Could someone please summarize what was done about this?
>
> Nothing.

OK, thanks for the prompt reply. Sometimes it's hard to see the closure in a
thread, and sometimes there is none. ;-)

Could you (someone) explain why nothing was done? Was it because it was decided
that: It was a silly problem and request (no need)? No idea how to fix it? No
resources to fix it? Someone is still working on it?

I realize that I didn't frame it as a bug report but as a discussion
(questions). If it were a bug report, there presumably would have been more
closure.

Assuming for the moment that there is no intention to do anything about it, can
someone at least weigh in on the code I sent (which I'm still using)?
Suggestions for improvement? What about the question wrt `file-remote-p' and
`ffap-remote-p'?

Thx.