Re: 23.0.60; emacs hangs on WinXP with --disable-font-backend, and backt

From: Kyle M. Lee
Subject: Re: 23.0.60; emacs hangs on WinXP with --disable-font-backend, and backtrace
Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 08:59:02 +0800

Eli Zaretskii 写道:
>> Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 01:59:34 +0800
>> From: "Kyle M. Lee" <address@hidden>
>>
>> (gdb) r
>
> Please try "r -Q", otherwise your ~/.emacs comes into play, and we
> have no way of knowing what's in it.
This happened when I loaded tabbar.el in emacs.

>> Starting program: E:\cvs_home\emacs23\emacs\src/.\emacs.exe
>> [New thread 5048.0x1270]
>> [New thread 5048.0x13bc]
>> [New thread 5048.0x3e4]
>>
>> Program exited normally.
>
> How did it "exit normally"? did you type "C-x C-c" to exit Emacs, or
> did it exit on its own?
>
>> (gdb) r --disable-font-backend
>> Starting program: E:\cvs_home\emacs23\emacs\src/.\emacs.exe
>> --disable-font-backe
>> nd
>> [New thread 1032.0xb0c]
>> [New thread 1032.0x17a8]
>> [New thread 1032.0x1668]
>>
>> Program exited normally.
>
> Same question here.
>
>> (gdb) xbacktrace
>> Cannot access memory at address 0x82f6d4
>
> This is expected: the program already exited, so its memory is no
> longer accessible (it was returned to the host OS).
>
>> (gdb) r --disable-font-backend
>> Starting program: E:\cvs_home\emacs23\emacs\src/.\emacs.exe
>> --disable-font-backe
>> nd
>> [New thread 5804.0xf84]
>> [New thread 5804.0x14e8]
>> [New thread 5804.0x1254]
>> [New thread 5804.0xf00]
>> [New thread 5804.0x1a4]
>> [Switching to thread 5804.0x1a4]
>> Quit (expect signal SIGINT when the program is resumed)
>
> Doesn't happen for me.
>
> Btw, how come your emacs.exe is in src/ directory? did you copy it
> there?
Yes, I copied the compiled emacs.exe to the src/ directory, because
there is another emacs.exe in $PATH.
And I am newbie on backtracing emacs, though I have read etc/DEBUG.
Could you tell me what is the best bacetrace way when the emacs hanged ?
I will backtrace the problem in that way again.
I can reproduce the problem by switching some buffers having chinese
text repeatly.
The following flash is made in 03-15, and the problem is similar. But
the reproduction way is different now.
[http://www.bestwap.com/emacs23-hangs-2008-03-15-smaller.swf]