Re: 23.0.60; emacs hangs on WinXP with --disable-font-backend, and backt

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: 23.0.60; emacs hangs on WinXP with --disable-font-backend, and backtrace
Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 18:37:58 +0300

> Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 23:28:03 +0800
> From: "Kyle M. Lee" <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden
>
> > There's no need to copy the binary, just go to the src directory and
> > type something like
> >
> >   gdb ../bin/emacs.exe
> >
> > This assumes that you have run "make install" which placed the
> > emacs.exe binary in the bin subdirectory of the root of the Emacs
> > tree.
>
> I configured with --prefix arg, so the emacs.exe will be copied to
> another directory far way from this bin subdir. I will configure without
> it next time, and I can use this handy command line. :)

You can also do "gdb x:/path/to/emacs.exe", although it could be a
long command if the file is deep in the directory tree.

> And how can I go back to the gdb when emacs hanged ?
> I pressed C-x C-z and C-g serval times in emacs, and nothing happened.

Press C-c when the window where gdb runs has focus.

If you start the Task Manager when Emacs seems to hang, does it show
that Emacs consumes lots of CPU cycles, or does it show that Emacs is
idling?