Re: Next release

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Next release
Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 23:50:09 +0900

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
> I like it, but I'm not sure it's a good idea in general.

Why not?

The necessity of duplicating settings in the xrdb data base if you want
at avoid your initial frame resizing itself 10 times at startup is both
annoying and confusing.  Simply waiting a bit to map the frame seems
like quite a reasonable solution.

A splash screen, whether hardwired or a hacked emacs frame that avoids
the initial-settings issues would seem to take care of "users will get
worried" issues.

-Miles

--
Alliance, n. In international politics, the union of two thieves who have
their hands so deeply inserted in each other's pockets that they cannot