Re: Tool-bar changes

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: Tool-bar changes
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 19:38:30 +0100

On 13 May 2008, at 19:19, Stefan Monnier wrote:
I threw away this caching code in my own Emacs (I threw it out a long
time ago, i.e. when I added the where-is-internal reverse keymap cache,
since this made on-the-fly recomputation sufficiently fast for me to
make the cache unnecessary (or even harmful since it's not correctly
maaintained: when the cache key-sequence becomes invalid, it is
correclty thrown out, but if a key-sequence becomes later available,
the cache will prevent it from being discovered)).

Is there a way to trigger an update of the cache, or turn it off?

I think I may be seeing such a problem (in certain, unclear circumstances, :key-sequence nil works correctly when evaluating define-key manually, but not in my package that is loaded early) and thought I could try debugging this by turning off the caching.