Re: -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--20-*-*-*-c-100-iso8859-1 succeeds

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--20-*-*-*-c-100-iso8859-1 succeeds
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 08:39:42 +0200

Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:

> In article <address@hidden>, "Robert J. Chassell" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>     Don't keep using Emacs with font-logging on.  After you get
>>     a proper log, please turn logging off by:
>>       ESC : (setq font-log t) RET
>
>> Regardless of internal meanings, font-log should use `t' for on and
>> `nil' for off.  It is confusing for users otherwise.
>
> I just followed what Emacs does for buffer-undo-list; nil
> for start new recording, t for not recording.

I find it perfectly reasonable.  "nil" does not mean "don't log the
fonts" but rather "the font-log contains nothing yet".  As you say: just
like buffer-undo-list.

If one can think up a good name ending with "-list", that would probably
help a bit.  I am not sure it is worth the trouble, though.  It is not
like this is exactly a user-accessible variable that people will change
and customize all the time.