Re: C-M-TAB stand-in for M-TAB, on MS Windows?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: C-M-TAB stand-in for M-TAB, on MS Windows?
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 06:10:43 +0300

> From: "Drew Adams" <address@hidden>
> Cc: <address@hidden>, <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 13:07:34 -0700
>
> > > We should also document `w32-(un)register-hot-key'.
> > > This seems to be a gross oversight.
> >
> > Actually, I deliberately decided not to document it, because it
> > sounded like an obscure function whose meaning and semantics will not
> > be clear to most users (you just confirmed that, btw), and whose use
> > is limited to marginal cases.
>
> I didn't confirm that at all

Yes, you did, by not quite understanding what the doc string says.

> And how is this limited to marginal cases? Please elaborate.

I don't want to elaborate; I had enough of this thread already.  Back
when I added many w32-* functions and variables to the manual, I
decided `w32-(un)register-hot-key' don't need to be there.  But if
someone thinks differently and is willing to write a change, I don't
intend to fight them.