Re: 23.0.60; emacs-report-bug fails silently

From: Florian Beck
Subject: Re: 23.0.60; emacs-report-bug fails silently
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 02:44:38 +0200

"Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <address@hidden> writes:

> Florian Beck wrote:

>> Also, I'm not looking for a workaround. (After I set mail-user-agent to
>> gnus-user-agent everything is fine.) I'm reporting that on systems
>> without sendmail bug reports likely disappear without trace.
>
> What I meant is that we should not require users to use any special
> mail agent to send bug reports. If they just have a system mail client
> set up it should work by using that.
>
> Perhaps you did not have a system mail client set up?

Not that I know of. I never needed to and I would not know how to set
it up. As I said, now that I know about the problem, it is easy for me
to fix.

Look, if you think my setup is bizzare, please ignore my report. But I don't
think it is. I installed Ubuntu and used gnus to talk to my pop server. I
didn't configure sendmail or a system mail client or `mail-user-agent'
because everything worked – until after more then a year I realised that
emacs bug reports were not delived, despite the message »Sending…done«.

--
Florian Beck