Re: newsticker-*.el files

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: newsticker-*.el files
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 11:13:14 +0300

> Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 00:44:00 +0100
> From: David De La Harpe Golden <address@hidden>
> CC: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>, Ulf Jasper <address@hidden>,
>  address@hidden
>
> No I don't really think emacs should worry too much about MSDOS support
> all the same

Neither do I.  No one expends any effort whatsoever on the DOS port
except myself, for a very long time now.  I really don't understand
the knee-jerk reaction this causes some people whenever I ask to
rename a bunch of files.  Perhaps I should simply rename them myself
silently to whatever names I like, to avoid the repeated discussions,
like the one that will undoubtedly ensue in this case.  Too bad my
upbringing makes it hard for me to do that without consulting the
author first.