Re: newsticker-*.el files

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: newsticker-*.el files
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 11:33:51 +0200

On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 10:21, Miles Bader <address@hidden> wrote:

> I think the reason is pretty simple actually:  People don't like the
> resulting naming restrictions

Someone with a proven, distinguished track as an Emacs maintainer asks
for a few name changes in order to make his work easier in the future,
and we give him hell every time because of a dislike of "naming
restrictions"? That does not seem like a good argument to me.

I'd rather discuss why the recent menu changes were checked in almost
without discussion, than spend more time pointlessly arguing against
changing a few characters in five file's names.

   Juanma