Re: newsticker-*.el files

From: Ulf Jasper
Subject: Re: newsticker-*.el files
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 19:52:33 +0200

Ulf Jasper <address@hidden> writes:
> Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>> The newly installed newsticker-*.el files cause file-name clashes on
>> 8+3 (a.k.a. DOS) filesystems.  Can we rename them in a way that avoids
>> such clashes?  All that is needed that the first 8 characters of the
>> basename be different; as long as they are, there's no problem for the
>> basename itself to be longer than 8 characters.
>
> Sorry, I didn't think about that. I left the 8+3 world some ten years
> ago. I will rename the files (probably tomorrow -- have to find a good
> name first). IIRC, when dealing with CVS, renaming means removing and
> adding with a new name.

Unfortunately I forgot to CC the list when I answered Eli's
request. Maybe that could have shortened the discussion.

I am looking for a new name... The "canonical" replacement for the
"newsticker" prefix would be "nt" which somehow sounds very
8+3-ish. "nwstckr" sounds even more so. And is incredibly ugly. One
could rename the whole newsticker thing and call it err... Emacs RSS
Reader.

Probably it will be "nt".

Ulf

--
Klicken Sie HIER und Sie erhalten vier Dosen umsonst