Re: composed characters question and suggestions for quail-cyrillic-*

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: composed characters question and suggestions for quail-cyrillic-*
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 15:17:36 -0500

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 22:45:04 +0300 Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

>> From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <address@hidden>
>> Cc: Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden>,
>> address@hidden
>> Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 03:55:49 +0900
>>
>> Eli Zaretskii writes:
>>
>> > cyrillic-translit is what I use all the time (because it makes my
>> > life so easy on any keyboard), but I think all cyrillic-* input
>> > methods should in general support the same repertoire of
>> > characters.
>>
>> This is true for the input methods of each language family.

EZ> Yes, that's what I meant to say (but did it in a way that could be
EZ> interpreted otherwise).

I'll set up quail-define-rules to run with the append argument for each
method.  Something like

(dolist (method '(cyrillic-translit cyrillic-yawerty ...))
  (... switch to Quail method ...)
  (quail-define-rules (append . t) (... characters ...)))

Does anyone know how to list all the Quail methods matching a regex, and
how to switch to a Quail package?  All the examples use
quail-define-package to switch to the package and I hope I don't have to
dig into the macros to figure out how to switch to an already-defined
package.

I'll abstract the common elements so they are not entered multiple times
and find which elements are not covered by which methods once I get the
above working.

Thanks
Ted