Re: bootstrap not regenerating some *loaddefs

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: bootstrap not regenerating some *loaddefs
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 11:27:10 +0200

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 10:45, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> At which step does it crash?

Difficult to say, I don't have a log. However, I've been able to do a
parallel build now on another computer (with my lisp/makefile.w32-in
patches, BTW). I think the problems might be related to erroneously
doing

make -j 2 XMFLAGS="-j 2" bootstrap install

instead of as two different steps

make -j 2 XMFLAGS="-j 2" bootstrap
make -j 2 XMFLAGS="-j 2" install

but I won't be able to retry on the laptop until monday or so.

> Also, what exactly from MSYS do you use for the build?  If you are not
> using Bash, then what else is needed from there?  (I thought nothing
> was needed if cmd.exe is used as the shell.)

I never use bash as a shell, always cmd. But if sh.exe is in the path,
the MSYS make tries to use it.

I'm currently upgrading MSYS to "Technology Preview: MSYS-1.0.11", and
will remove sh.exe from the path and see whether I can get a parallel
build without bash.

   Juanma