Re: The transparence code - is it installed?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: The transparence code - is it installed?
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 23:47:43 +0900

"Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <address@hidden> writes:
> There was a question on EmacsWiki if the transparency code was installed:
> it is. But it does not work for me (with my patched Emacs on w32). What
> is the state now, is this patch installed? There is nothing in Info as
> far as I can see.

It is installed, but you'll need a compositing window manager (like
compiz or mac osx) to use it.

I've tried it, and it works, but it doesn't seem terribly useful in
practice -- afaict, it affects _everything_ in the emacs frame, not just
the background (and compiz, at least, can actually do that without any
emacs support at all)...

-Miles

--
Conservative, n. A statesman enamored of existing evils, as opposed to a
Liberal, who wants to replace them with new ones.