Re: The transparence code - is it installed?

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: The transparence code - is it installed?
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 16:52:34 +0200

Miles Bader wrote:
"Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <address@hidden> writes:
There was a question on EmacsWiki if the transparency code was installed:
it is. But it does not work for me (with my patched Emacs on w32). What
is the state now, is this patch installed? There is nothing in Info as
far as I can see.

It is installed, but you'll need a compositing window manager (like
compiz or mac osx) to use it.

Then there is something strange. There were several people trying to make me add this to my patched Emacs for w32. What has happened to the w32 part? Was it lost somewhere?

I've tried it, and it works, but it doesn't seem terribly useful in
practice -- afaict, it affects _everything_ in the emacs frame, not just
the background (and compiz, at least, can actually do that without any
emacs support at all)...

-Miles