Re: Release plans

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Release plans
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 06:40:26 -0400

    The nearest I could get would be having my own PC alongside the office
    one, exchanging files by USB stick.  How would this be any better, from
    a freedom point of view, than running the w32 versions of the software
    on the office PC?

It would be MUCH better.  The more you can do on GNU/Linux
and reject Windows, the more of your life will be in freedom.

Also, your doing this would inspire others to think about the issue,
and that could open the door to further steps.  This is exactly the
sort of thing that can influence them to recognize that GNU/Linux is
at least as secure as Windows, move to protocols supported by free
software, and so on.  You should do it!