Re: Proposal for a new API to fullscreen

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Proposal for a new API to fullscreen
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 09:08:22 -0600

>>>>> "Ivan" == Ivan Kanis <address@hidden> writes:

Ivan> (set-frame-parameter nil 'fullscreen 'fullboth)

Ivan> However this is very ambiguous, it does fullscreen on Gnome and
Ivan> maximise on Mac and Windows.

Ivan> I propose a new API to solve the ambiguity:
Ivan> (fullscreen-mode 1)

I think it would be better to have 'fullboth mean "full screen", and
then add a new parameter value, 'maximize, that means maximize.
My reasoning is that really only one of these settings makes sense at
a time, and both are useful.

Tom