Re: Emacs 22.2.91 pretest

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Emacs 22.2.91 pretest
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 01:12:07 +0800

Drew Adams wrote:

The src is in the parent directory, as stated in the README.

Sorry, but I don't see that stated anywhere in the README

It was near the top, in the section headed IMPORTANT LEGAL REMINDER, but the implication was that only people redistributing Emacs need read that section, so I can understand why you missed it. I eliminated the obsolete information about source being in the same directory, and other misleading information that is no longer true, and added mention of the source location to the first paragraph.

Your other problems seem to stem from using proprietary software to download and unpack Emacs, so I have added further recommendations for Free software that works properly.