Re: Why @#! is not Emacs using the Recycle bin on w32?

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: Why @#! is not Emacs using the Recycle bin on w32?
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 10:18:35 +0000

Hi, Phil,

On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 10:49:16AM +0100, Phil Jackson wrote:
> "Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <address@hidden> writes:

> >> One can make assumptions about a Windows system (like every user
> >> using explorer.exe), but not really about a GNU/Linux system.

> > Is not that then a shortcoming of GNU/Linux compared with Windows?

> No with GNU/Linux you have choice. My system works exactly the way I
> want it and not the way any corp. wants it to.

That's kind of missing the point.  It also verges on rubbing salt into
the wound.

You need, somehow, to become aware of this "choice" before doing
irrevocable damage.  I don't think Lennart would now be unhappy if
something in Dired had made him aware of what he was about to do.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).