Re: An Emacs plug-in for a browser (Firefox?)

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: An Emacs plug-in for a browser (Firefox?)
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2008 17:04:19 -0400

    Why not ?  See this thread :
    http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2008-05/msg00456.html
    He already embeds emacs within emacs. Embedding firefox (or chrome, or
    midori, or whatever) shouldn't be much harder.

I have no idea what you mean by "embedding".

    > I would be very glad to see people start working on some of them.

    That's if we want to make emacs itself display the web page.

Yes, exactly.  What else could we be talking about?

If you want to request, from Emacs, the display of some HTML through a
browser, we already have that feature.  We do this by invoking a
separate browser process.  That way is much cleaner.