Re: end-of-defun acts weirdly in c-mode; also, mark-defun in c-mode

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: end-of-defun acts weirdly in c-mode; also, mark-defun in c-mode
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 10:50:35 +0000

Hi, Miles!

On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 06:17:06PM +0900, Miles Bader wrote:

> > 3 int foo ()
> > 4 {
> > 5     return bar () ;
> > 6 }
> > 7
> > 8

> > , C-M-e moves pointo to BOL 7.  Honest, I've just tried it, with CVS
> > from a few days ago, with -Q.  That looks consistent to me.  I must
> > have missed something, somewhere.

> For me, with emacs -Q, and from-CVS-as-of-this-morning, point always
> moves to BOL 8.  I've tried it on a bunch of different C files, and it
> always does the same thing.  If there is no blank line at 7, then it
> will stop at BOL 7 though.

> Could you it try again after updating from CVS?  Maybe it's a recently
> introduce bug...

I've just updated and built CVSmacs.  M-x emacs-versions gives:

    GNU Emacs 23.0.90.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars) of
2009-02-03 on acm

I start it with emacs -Q.  Regardless of whether there's a blank line at
L7 or not, I cannot get C-M-e to go anywhere but BOL 7.

Would you please send me your foo.c as an attachment, tell me where to
put point so that C-M-e will fail.  Thanks!

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).