Re: end-of-defun is fubsr.

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: end-of-defun is fubsr.
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 11:33:25 +0000

'ten Tag, Andreas!

On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 06:18:14PM +0100, Andreas Roehler wrote:

> I have remarked buggy/risky implementation already here

> http://www.archivum.info/address@hidden/2007-11/msg01940.html

Thanks, I hadn't seen that thread.  Quoting from it, Stefan said in
2007 14:26:59 -0500:

    Rather than argue about the change itself, just give us some use
    case where the new behavior is problematic.

We now have at least two problematic behaviours: it enforces
inefficiencies on some major modes, e.g. CC Mode.  It is difficult to
code bug-free (bug #2106, looping in Python mode).

I agree with Andreas here, this change should be reworked.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).