mouse-face highlighting broken?

From: David Reitter
Subject: mouse-face highlighting broken?
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 10:05:29 -0400

I'm trying to track down a problem with mouse faces, where some portions of text propertized with the a mouse-face do not respect the mouse face, or at least not the "background" attribute of the mouse face. The types of properties I am concerned with here are the background of images and the space allocated using the display/ space/:width property. (See also screenshot.)

It may be quicker for me to track down the problem in the code than to compose a standalone bug report. Could someone tell me where such properties are evaluated?

Also, have there been any changes compared to 22.3 that could effect such a bug?
I tried undoing 9d77a3 (see below), but that wasn't it.

PNG image

2008-05-27  Chong Yidong  <address@hidden>

        * xdisp.c (draw_glyphs): If mouse-highlighting is on, attempt to
        draw overlap glyphs with appropriate highlighting.