Re: mouse-face highlighting broken?

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: mouse-face highlighting broken?
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 15:29:06 +0900

>> With that, I took a look at the relevant code in the NS port, and
>> it turns out that ns_dumpglyphs_stretch() and ns_dumpglyphs_image()
>> fail to use the mouse face instead of the first glyph face.  The
>> patch below addresses that.

> This patch looks reasonable to me.

It might be OK to apply such a change for now, but I'd rather think if
the NS port had a similar code structure to the other terms, an
oversight like this case would hardly happen in the first place.  The
other terms consolidate the mouse face handling into one function
x_set_mouse_face_gc rather than scattering it into 3 (the proposed
change makes it 5) places.  Also, this uniformity among different
terms makes it easier for other terms to catch up with xterm.c
changes.

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden