Re: CEDET merge

From: Eric M. Ludlam
Subject: Re: CEDET merge
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2009 16:31:18 -0400

On Sat, 2009-10-03 at 16:10 -0400, Chong Yidong wrote:
> "Eric M. Ludlam" <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Short term, you could get the templates from CEDET CVS in
> > cedet/srecode/templates and cedet/ede/templates and place them in
> > equivalent locations just under srecode.el and ede.el to get past this
> > until there is a home for SRecode Templates in Emacs.
>
> I've added the SRecode templates to etc/srecode.
>
> Building in EDE should now work---provided Semantic is enabled from the
> start.  We still need to provide a way for SRecode to call Semantic to
> parse the template buffer, when Semantic is not currently enabled (this
> functionality will be useful for other parts of Emacs too).

Semantic can parse files even if all the other related utilities are
never enabled.  As long as srecode-template-mode sets up the parser info
itself, and not in the new "semantic-mode", then it can use the Semantic
API to parse buffers during template compilation without interfering
with someones desire to not enable Semantic parsing and utilities in
other files, like C++ mode.

Eric