completions - remove window after use?

From: David Reitter
Subject: completions - remove window after use?
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 14:45:52 -0500

When showing a *completions* buffer in a new window opened for it (TAB in
find-file minibuffer for instance), I wonder why the window doesn't get deleted
when completion has finished.  For instance, when an existing file is found,
the *Completions* buffer is buried, but I see a split frame with the original
buffer in the top window and _some other_ buffer in the lower window.

Shouldn't the window for the completions buffer be removed whenever it has been
popped up just for the buffer?