Re: Failure in building CVS Emacs [xsettings] and other

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: Failure in building CVS Emacs [xsettings] and other
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 14:53:00 +0100

Angelo Graziosi skrev:

Instead, it builds on Kubuntu 9.10, but the result does not look very good, in my opinion. I have attached the screen shots regarding a previous build (on 20091114, without xsettings, I think), called 'good', and the current, called 'bad': my opinion is that this has characters too light.

It doesn't really say anything unless you compare it with some other application with the same font. It looks like you have hinting off.
What does
% xrdb -query |grep Xft
say?

I'm sure Kde has some font-setting applet, what options do you have there?

        Jan D.