Re: bzr repository ready?

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: bzr repository ready?
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 16:42:12 +0900

Stephen J. Turnbull writes:
 > Lennart Borgman writes:

 >  > I change only a tiny amount of Emas so maybe the central copy of my
 >  > local changes could hold only that?
 >
 > No, you can't do that yet.  This requires something like Subversion
 > externals or git submodules.  And you wouldn't be able to define the
 > region of interest, such "externals" have to be defined projectwide.

I take it back; it's possible to get the *space savings* by using
stacked branches.  However, these have the same kind of properties
that (lightweight) checkouts do (you don't want to stack branches
you're going to be very actively working on on a branch somewhere
across the Internet).  (In fact, I'm not at all sure of exactly how a
checkout and a stacked branch differ.)

But ISTR that Launchpad is moving toward stacked branches by default
-- this makes a lot of sense for branches in the same repo IIUC.