Re: Basic Bazaar guide for Emacs hackers.

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: Basic Bazaar guide for Emacs hackers.
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 08:35:09 -0600

> Óscar Fuentes writes:
>  > It seems contradictory to point out the cost of support associated to
>  > having several workflows and then reintroduce one workflow when the
>  > author deleted it for alleviating the problem.
>
> It would be if (a) Karl and I were the same person and (b) the wiki
> reported conflicts.

Yes.  I had no awareness I was "recovering" the page -- I never knew
that it had been deleted! :-)  My editing session on that page started
before the deletion.

But I don't regret having revived it, now that it makes clear that we
recommend a more dVCS-ish way, and that BzrForEmacsDevs is a superset of
it.  As Glenn Morris and a couple of others have requested that it stay
around, I certainly won't delete it.

The main thing is to provide clear directions for those coming in with
no prior opinion.  People who already know they prefer the quick-start
guide are best served by getting one -- for me, the only question was
how to provide that to them *without* confusing anyone else, and I think
we've found a way to do that.

-Karl