Re: support for bzr shelve/unshelve in vc-dir

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: support for bzr shelve/unshelve in vc-dir
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 18:52:04 -0500

Óscar Fuentes wrote:

> Contributing to Bazaar is difficult, they know it, and the developers
> are trying to alleviate the process. But in the end, Bazaar is a
> Canonical product and its development is guided by Canonical's business
> strategy.

It's also a GNU project. People ought to be able to feel confident
about contributing to GNU projects. But when I had a quick look at the
conditions for becoming one:

http://www.gnu.org/help/evaluation.html

I couldn't immediately see anything that would alleviate your worries.
But, I'm not sure exactly what your worries are.

While reading the conditions on that page, a first glance at the bzr
2.0.2 source shows: it is distributed under GPLv2+ rather than v3+,
http://www.gnu.org/software/bzr does not exist, it does not have
texinfo documentation, it contains numerous references to the "Linux"
operating system, and there doesn't seem to be any reference in the
--version output or man-page to it being a GNU project.