Re: incorrect working revision for the mercurial VC backend

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: incorrect working revision for the mercurial VC backend
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 16:42:46 +1300

[please cc the mailing list]

 > I haven't switched yet to bzr, so I cannot pull the change, however
 > the patch corresponds to my local fix, except that the last line
 > reads:

But you could apply the patch to your working copy.

 > (if (eq 0 status) out  "0")
 >
 > This corresponds to the previous behavior of returning a string as the
 > revision and returning "0" if there is a problem with running the hg
 > command.

Does that really correspond to the previous behavior?

    (when (eq 0 status)
      (if (string-match "changeset: *\\([0-9]*\\)" out)
          (match-string 1 out)
        "0"))))

It returns "0" when there is no match but nil if status doesn't equal 0:

  when is a Lisp macro in `subr.el'.
  (when COND BODY...)

  If COND yields non-nil, do BODY, else return nil.

Also, iget a quoted string, e.g. "\"290\"", which is why I used read.

--
Nick                                           http://users.snap.net.nz/~nickrob