Re: Can NOT bzr the emacs repos (may be bzr has a memory leak)

From: Shaowei Wang (wsw)
Subject: Re: Can NOT bzr the emacs repos (may be bzr has a memory leak)
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 08:40:39 +0800

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 6:53 PM, Óscar Fuentes <address@hidden> wrote:
"Shaowei Wang (wsw)" <address@hidden> writes:

> I can not use the following command to bzr the emacs repos:
> bzr branch http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/emacs/trunk
>
> The bzr eat up so many memory and take my whole system down.

You forgot one key piece of information: how much memory your system
has?

Oh, My system is old. It has just 512M memory.

bzr 2.0.4 will use approx. 1GB of resident memory while branching emacs
with http. Branching from Launchpad with the bzr+ssh protocol requires
about 600MB. For this, you must create an account on Launcpad, import a
public ssh key there and:

bzr lp-login your-launchpad-username
bzr branch lp:emacs

IIRC, bzr 2.1 (which is in RC stage) requires a few hundreds of MB less.

OTOH, some people published tarballs of the emacs `trunk' branch. Links
to them are here on the ml.