Re: emacs-w3m?

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: emacs-w3m?
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 11:30:02 -0500

--file-ids-from=sftp://address@hidden/srv/bzr/emacs/trunk/

    > to add that file to the lisp directory of my trunk repository and then
    > found it did not exist.

    Can you remember what caused you to issue this "bzr add" command?

To obtain a clean lisp/ChangeLog but I saw the result

   NoSuchFile: No such file: u'/usr/local/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/ChangeLog.OTHER'

Before that, I did

   Sat 2010-02-20 12:13:57 +0000
   0.186  bzr arguments: [u'help', u'add']
   0.248  looking for plugins in /home/bob/.bazaar/plugins
   0.249  looking for plugins in /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/bzrlib/plugins
   0.700  encoding stdout as sys.stdout encoding 'ISO-8859-1'
   0.837  return code 0

I suspect you are right, that,

    The second sentence explains the rationale behind this feature.  But
    in this case, Bob mistakenly added a single file, and that ended up
    adding the whole directory.  By contrast, "cvs add" is explicitly
    non-recursive, AFAIR.

Saturday was several days before my erroneous commit.  Although I spent
several hours on the commit and tried to do things right, I failed.  I
won't make the same mistake again.  Thank you.

--
    Robert J. Chassell
    address@hidden                                 address@hidden