Re: AW: Fwd: CEDET sync

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: AW: Fwd: CEDET sync
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 13:47:15 +0900

> What I am asking for is examples where somebody said (as Juri Linkov
> just suggested to Klaus Berndl) "hey, XEmacs has implemented a good
> solution already; let's see if we can get papers for it!"  Or "hey,
> libfoo has some code that does this, let's see if we can get papers
> for that."

Why is it useful to know this?

Even if nobody ever has, there are many reasons why that may be the case
(laziness/"i-wanna-write-it"/hard-to-port/sucky-code/etc).

Chong addressed what seems to be the relevant question, which is whether
there's a irrational bias against using xemacs code merely because it's
from xemacs.

-Miles

--
Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without
individual responsibility.