AW: Fwd: CEDET sync

From: Berndl, Klaus
Subject: AW: Fwd: CEDET sync
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 16:59:19 +0100

>> Supporting not only Emacs but also XEmacs should be a value upheld be
>> tools like CEDET and ECB, even when merged into Emacs. But cause of

> I think the issue of support for XEmacs is mostly orthogonal: we can and
>do include support for XEmacs in many of the bundled Emacs packages, and
>AFAICT none of the changes made when incorporating CEDET into Emacs
>should interect in any significant way with support for XEmacs.

well, If i remember right, i have i mind that RMS told me some years ago that
"we do not want
have XEmacs code in our code-base"... therefore i thought that packages have to
be stripped concerning their XEmacs-code before merging into Emacs... but maybe
i have misunderstood this......

>PS: As for XEmacs's demise: don't forget that Emacs was also considered
>as "heading south" around the Emacs-19 time frame.  I wouldn't rule out
>the possibility of XEmacs (or some derivative) becoming the Emacs of
>choice 10 years from now.

interesting point of view - haven't thought in this direction...thanks for this
hint!
Klaus