Re: scrollbar alternative

From: Deniz Dogan
Subject: Re: scrollbar alternative
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 19:36:36 +0100

2010/3/15  <address@hidden>:
> David Engster wrote a neat package called minimap.el. It renders the
> current buffer with tiny fonts, in a mini window besides the current
> buffer. The mini-window has an overlay showing the position in the main
> window.
>
> It could be modified to replace a scrollbar.
>
> I sometimes use minimap.el, but I never use scrollbars.
>
> --
> Joakim Verona

For anyone too lazy to use Google, here is minimap.el:
http://www.randomsample.de/minimap.el

I was actually thinking about something like this when I read the
thread about the scrollbars (OT: they should be on the right ;)). I
think the idea is very cool and I'd love to see something like this
integrated with Emacs.

--
Deniz Dogan