RE: scrollbar alternative

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: scrollbar alternative
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 08:40:11 -0700

> > Try this (same code, just tweaked a bit, mainly to avoid
> > wrapping by my mailer). The last line here moves the indicator
> > to where the size indicator normally is, just after the buffer
> > name, so you should be able to see it OK.
>

> I like the feature. I think something like this should be in Emacs.
>
> Attached is a little bit more elaborated version. Name
> suggestions are welcome.

One comment: Your file header says:

;; Idea and part of this code is adapted from Drew Adam's code in this
;; mail message:
;;   http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/122038

The original code is from David Engster, not me. The OP is here:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2010-03/msg00523.html