RE: delete-selection-mode

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: delete-selection-mode
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 20:40:01 -0700

>     Given d-s-mode _as it is_, do people think it should be
>     enabled by default? That's the question.
>
>     If the consensus is strong enough that in its current
>     form it should not become the default,
                     ^^^

> That criterion is absolutely wrong.
> This is an incompatible change, so it should not be made unless it
> is clearly right.
>
> The change should not be made if there is substantial opposition based
> on real experience.

How does anything you wrote contradict what I wrote?
I certainly do not disagree with what you wrote, in any case.

If you want to add "based on real experience" after "If the consensus is strong
enough", I certainly support that.

And note the "not" in what I wrote. I certainly was not proposing that we make
an incompatible change based on no real experience.