Re: What have the Romans done for us? (Bazaar)

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: What have the Romans done for us? (Bazaar)
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2010 18:34:26 +0300

> Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 14:56:37 +0000
> From: Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden>
>
> Right at the moment, it just seems like a slow, slow, slow and buggy
> replacement for CVS, which consumes several hundred megabytes of my disk
> space more than CVS did.  There doesn't seem to be a bzr equivalent of
> http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewcv; bzr log is so slow (40 seconds) as
> to be only somewhat useful.

Try "bzr log --line -l100" instead (replace 100 with a larger number
if you want to look farther back).  This takes about 3 seconds on my
box with a cold cache, 1 sec with a warm cache.

> Even updating one's repository takes many minutes, something which
> took only a few seconds with CVS.

Which reminds me: any chance to get bzr+ssh "smart server" any time in
this millenium?

> At Stefan's suggestion, I tried
>
>   $ bzr diff -r tag:EMACS_23_1 lisp/progmodes/cc-*.el
>
> .  This crashes bzr.

It throws a fatal error because it does not find some revision it
thought it should:

  bzr: ERROR: bzrlib.errors.NoSuchRevision:
CHKInventoryRepository('file:///D:/gnu/bzr/emacs/.bzr/repository/') has no
revision ('address@hidden',)

"bzr revision-info address@hidden"
indeed does not find such a revision neither on the trunk nor on the
emacs-23 branch.  What is that revision, and why did it disappear?
Does it mean our repository is corrupted?

  mailto:address@hidden